The 2017 Honda Civic vs the 2017 Toyota Corolla
2017 Honda Civic
2017 Toyota Corolla
Drivers from Amarillo, Lubbock, and Borge don’t to spend too long comparing the 2017 Honda Civic to the 2017 Toyota Corolla. While most vehicle comparisons come out close, the Honda Civic feels years ahead of its Toyota rival, with strong features, more sophisticated powertrains, and a significantly more comfortable cabin. Read on to find out why the Honda Civic outperforms the Toyota Corolla, then test drive a Civic at Brown Automotive Group to see for yourself.
Power and Efficiency
The 2017 Honda Civic manages to output more power than the 2017 Toyota Corolla while enjoying stronger efficiency ratings.
- Honda Civic Power and Efficiency: Makes up to 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque of torque as standard or 174 hp and 167 lb-ft of torque through the upgraded engine. Efficiency scores reach up to 32 mpg in the city* and 42 mpg on the highway*.
- Toyota Corolla Power and Efficiency: Makes up to 132 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque, with efficiency scores peaking at 30 mpg in the city* and 40 mpg on the highway*.
The new Honda Civic has set new standards for compact sedan amenities. While models like the Toyota Corolla continue to make do with the bare minimum, the Honda Civic is treating drivers to features such as:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Come as standard with all models except the entry-level LX to provide effortless integration with your smartphone.
- Heated Front and Rear Seats: The Toyota only keeps front passengers toasty warm, while the Honda extends that year-round comfort to the rear passengers as well.
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control: The driver and front-passenger receive their own individual climate controls and zones in the Civic.
The recent redesign of the Honda Civic saw the wheelbase extended and lengthened, so it’s noticeably more spacious than rivals like the Toyota Corolla.
- Cargo Space: Up to 15 cubic feet in the Honda Civic vs just 13 cubic feet with the Toyota Corolla.
- Headroom: Up to 39.3 inches in the front of the Honda Civic vs just 38 inches in the Toyota Corolla.
- Shoulder Room: Up to 57 inches in the front of the Honda Civic vs just 54.8 inches in the Toyota Corolla.
Experience the Excellent 2017 Honda Civic Effortlessly Today
Choosing a Toyota Corolla over a Honda Civic means putting up with cramped dimensions, lackluster features, and a powertrain that demands more fuel while providing less power. We think we’ve made a pretty good case for the Honda Civic, so why not contact us today to find out more? Be sure to schedule a visit to our showroom so our friendly sales staff can tell you more about the Civic and take you on a test drive.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
Use the online Div Table styler for creating grid layout on websites because the traditional HTML tables are outdated and not responsive.